2015 Tournament is scheduled for September 12th & 13th, 2015 Brochure’s will be out Mid to Late May, if not sooner.
NEW RULE FOR 2014
Due to new laws that have went into effect, we have a new rule starting with our 2014 tournament.
A one person team may weigh- in one(1) BLUE and one (1) FLATHEAD 35 inches or longer and one CHANNEL CAT 28 inches or longer, per day making a five (5) fish per day limit.
A TWO and THREE person team may weigh-in two (2) BLUE and Two (2 )FLATHEAD 35 inches or longer and two (2) CHANNEL CAT 28 inches or longer, per day, making a five (5) fish limit.
OHIO VALLEY RIVER CATS
WILL BE HOSTING THEIR 9TH ANNUAL TWO DAY OPEN TEAM CATFISH TOURNAMENT
SEPTEMBER 6th and 7th, 2014
8AM – 4PM / 7AM – 3PM
RISING SUN CITY RAMP
***New for 2014!***
1st Place Prize $10,000.00
GUARANTEED PRIZE MONEY
21st Thru 25th Place—$100.00
Most Weight by MALE—FEMALE Team $1,000.00
All teams invited to MAYOR’S Special BBQ
DURING AND AFTER WEIGH-IN on SATURDAY
BBQ is FREE to ALL
CALL FRANK FOR INFORMATION
OHIO VALLEY RIVER CATS OPEN CATFISH TOURNAMENT
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS SEPTEMBER 6th – 7th, 2014
- This is a team tournament. Teams will consist of one, two or three persons. One person must be least 18 years of age.
- Teams must comply with State Laws of the water they are fishing. Any violation of any State Laws will be grounds for disqualification.
- Only three rods per person will be allowed to be used at any one time.
- Only Blue cats, Channel cats, and Flathead catfish will be weighed. A team limit of (5) five fish, (per day) ALIVE AND IN GOOD CONDITION, will be weighed-in.
- All fish must be caught by ROD and REEL ONLY.
- Fishing hours will be from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. September 6th, 2014 and 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., September 7th , 2014 (To be adjusted if fog delay).
- Teams must fish from a boat, at all times, during the tournament. (Boat tournament only). No team member shall leave the boat to better their teams catch.
- Any legal commercial or natural bait will be allowed.
- Boats will leave the launch cite in the order their registration was received. All boats will be checked prior to the start of the tournament.
- NO registrations will be taken after 7:00a.m. the first morning of the tournament. All team members must report to the sign-in area and sign in no later than 7:00a.m., with identification, the first morning of the tournament and 6:30 a.m. the second morning. Any team member, pre-registered, who has not signed in, will not be allowed to fish and will forfeit entry fees.
- It will be the angler’s responsibility to choose his big fish for weighing. Once weighed there will be no reweighs.
- No alcoholic beverage of any kind will be allowed either in possession or consumed. No firearms of any kind will be allowed in the boat during the tournament.
- Fishing within 50 yards of a marina gas pump or within 50 yards of a competitor’s boat, which first anchored, is prohibited.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will be grounds for disqualification.
- All teams participating are doing so at their own risk. Teams agree not to hold the Ohio Valley River Cats, the City of Rising Sun, Indiana, the Mayor’s office, the Ohio County Convention, Tourism and Visitors Commission, any staff, or any sponsor liable for any damage or claims resulting from contestant’s participation in this tournament.
- In case of a tie in a position, monies will be added together, and then divided equally: i.e. tie in (4th) fourth place; fourth and fifth place monies will be added together and divided equal. The next pay out will be sixth place. Tie in big fish, monies will be divided equally between both teams.
- Any protest must be made, IN WRITING, to the tournament director within 30 minutes after weigh-in, and must state rule or rules that were broken.
- Polygraphs (sponsored by the Rising Sun Police Department) ANY WINNING TEAM may be subject to a polygraph as directed by the tournament director. Any team that fails the polygraph or refuses the polygraph WILL be disqualified.
- Mandatory meeting will be attended by at least one member of each team at 7:15 a.m., the first morning of the tournament. (NO EXCEPTIONS). Second day meeting will be announced.
- Casting nets will be allowed for the purpose of catching bait only.
- Any other rules and regulation that is deemed necessary by the Ohio Valley River Cats, to be advised at the tournament meeting.
- Any team disqualified for cause will forfeit any entry fees.
- The decision of the tournament director WILL be final.
- Entry fees will be $50.00, (PER PERSON) with $10.00 going to big fish monies. 70% payback Club will pay prize money from 2 to 20 places, based on number of entries. 21st place thru 25th place will receive $100.00 regardless of number of entries.
- Guaranteed prize money is above and beyond entry payback.